via Instagram http://ift.tt/1JJL4cH
Happy Monday, everyone. How was your weekend? Mine involved a lot of coffee, running, and sleeping. In other words, it was good. What do you have in store for this week? While most everyone says summer ends on Labor Day, there are actually a few weeks after that left of summer. Take heart, summer is still here! Here are a few links to get you started for the week.
- So, little free libraries are a crime? Really? Can’t we worry about other things, like important issues?
- Our entire built environment deserves good design, even sidewalk sheds (who knew they were called sidewalk sheds?).
- Design Sponge hosted an essay contest about “Home.” Did you enter? Check out the finalists and vote for your favorite.
- Need some National Register review for the new school year? Try the National Trust for Historic Preservation videos.
- Pink Flamingo lawn ornament facts: flamboyance is a flock of flamingos!
Have a great week. Enjoy the heat wave. Check out some historic sites.
Happy Monday, preservation friends. Did you have a lovely, computer free weekend? I hope so. Soak in the summer and sunshine while you can. It’s been incredibly hot here in Vermont, but we’re doing our best to recall just how cold it is in the winter. Therefore, no complaining about the heat. (Okay, I have complained about the humidity when I’m running). Here are a few links to get your brain going this morning. Read anything good lately? Let me know. Have a wonderful last week of August.
- Studies show most Americans still drive to work. I’m guessing that’s because most of our workplaces have not relocated to where we all live. Developers and employers should do more talking. (How do you get to work?)
- Did you catch the NYTimes piece on Burlington? It lists the expensive restaurants but is pretty good, otherwise. Of course, you could also check out my local recommendations in this post.
- 52 Places to go in 2015. Have you been to any? I love that foreign, faraway places are included as well as South Dakota and Tulsa, OK.
- Have you seen these drought photos? Yikes. Global warming, droughts, let’s not fool ourselves.
- Runners, women, I know you’ll like this. Hooray for the “jog bra”.