Happy weekend! How are you? This week I escaped the Vermont April weather by heading to Florida for a few days with my family and that sunshine sure felt great to this northerner. While I didn’t see much by way of historic districts or get the sense of urban planning, I did see a fair number of classic concrete block one-story mid century Florida homes. It was such a different environment. The sun, warmth, and palm trees were fabulous, but it’s always nice to come home to Burlington, Vermont. Thank you for the comments on last weekend’s “With Your Coffee.” Here are some good links for your morning coffee this weekend. Comment below if these articles speak to you. I’d love to chat.
- It’s happening. Wal Mart is moving into urban neighborhoods with smaller scale stores. What do you think? Good or bad?
- And grocery stores are becoming “groceraunts” – grocery store + restaurant combined as smaller stores with more services but fewer varieties of the same item.
- Wealthier neighborhoods have more trees. Really, who is surprised?
- Meet Preserve Greater Indy, a new group in Indianapolis interested in preservation. Join in the fun this week by using #iamapreservationist on instagram or twitter.
- Want another stellar Instagram account to follow? Try @thefrontdoorproject.
Have a lovely weekend. Coffee cheers!