via Instagram http://ift.tt/2s9JX5Q
Happy weekend and happy Preservation Month! And, Happy Mother’s Day! I’ve rounded up recent links for your weekend reading.
- In honor of Preservation Month, watch this movie about Jane Jacobs: Citizen Jane. (Note: if you can’t see it in person, you can watch it via Verizon or AT&T on demand.)
- A volunteer historical society in Putney, VT is running the Putney General Store after it has suffered a series of losses and challenges.
- A new use for a historic church.
- The 1980s/1990s mansions of the Hamptons (Long Island, NY) are being demolished for new homes. What do you think of that?
- This basketball court in Paris dates to 1893. Not quite how they are built today!
- Prohibition in Vermont.
- The debate on playgrounds being too creative.
- A modernist house, House II, in Hardwick, VT is for sale.
Have a lovely weekend, and hopefully spring is on its way to you. Cheers!