Good weekend morning! How are you? What are you up to? Sipping coffee, staring at your Christmas tree? That’s what I’m doing. Turn on the Netflix fireplace, too, and I’m set. I love Christmastime, even though we have no snow in Burlington. And, it’s 35-50 degrees. Well, at least I’m not frozen yet! Have you finished your shopping? I have not, as per usual; but I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the final shopping days before Christmas.
If you are sipping coffee (or spiked eggnog), need something fun to read while the Christmas music is playing? A few links from around the internet:
- I don’t know about you, but I wish I perfected double dutch as a child. I should have – I have 3 sisters – a whole team!
- Photogrammer: an excellent source for historic photographs, ca. 1935-1945, by the United States Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information (FSA-OWI).
- A 1938 article about tourist cabins.
- Homes that hit the eggnog a bit too hard this season. Cracks me up!
- This is stunning.
- Soviet bus stops look very… well, not as communist as one would imagine. But, still very concrete.
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie? Mine is a toss up between White Christmas and The Muppet Christmas Carol.
5 thoughts on “With Your Coffee”
Love the crazy bus stops and houses. And thanks for the link to Photogrammer – didn’t know about it. It’s good to see lots of Vermont photos! Happy holidays, Kaitlin!
You are welcome! Glad to share. Happy Holidays to you too, Paula!
My favorite holiday movie is definitely Muppet Family Christmas! Hope yours is wonderful.
Oh such a good one, Lauren. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Thank you for the tourist cabins article!