- The trend in house design and re-design is open floor plan; yet, many of our historic houses have rooms dedicated to specific functions. Which do you prefer?
- The creator of the plastic pink lawn flamingo (and mascot to us Mary Washington flamingos) has passed away. Don Featherstone, you will be missed. We are forever in love with your work.
- The Vanderbilts (of Newport, Rhode Island’s “The Breakers” are in disagreement with the Preservation Society as to how the house should be preserved and operated, and who can live there. “A family lived here.”
- Remember “Brutalism is Beautiful”? or The Case for Ugly Architecture? Well, the building, the Orange County Government Center in Goshen, NY is being demolished, not saved.
- Worth more than one line, but this article is too fascinating not to include here. A business duo in Albany, NY bought a 1950s amusement park – the entire thing – and relocated it to an underused portion of the city along the Erie Canal. Will this be the economic engine that spurs redevelopment in this part of the city. So brave, so inventive. What do you think? I am enthralled.
3 thoughts on “With Your Coffee”
Reblogged this on Królowa Margot.Striptiz.
So sad about Goshen 😦