~ HOME ~
Taking a nod from the conference conversation starters, I’d like to ask you these, in hopes of getting us to talk about where we live, why we ;ive where we do, and how we make someplace our home, along with decisions along the way. As Thanksgiving approaches, it’s a good time to reflect on home, family, friends and the good things in life. Places and homes matter, and it’s important to understand our own preferences and it is interesting to hear those of others. Please comment below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to share or have additional thoughts on the matter.
- Where do you live?
- City? Country? Suburbia? New urbanism? Neighborhood? Development? Village? Rural? Urban?
- North, south, east, west? Coast? Plains? Mountains?
- How do you define live?
- Play? Work? Sleep? Socialize? Eat? Exercise? Rest?
- In what type of residence do you live?
- Single family house? Apartment building? House divided into apartments? Duplex? Rowhouse?
- What is the age of your house?
- Is it historic? Is it just “old”? Is it new?
- Do you rent or own currently?
- Do you prefer to rent or own?
- What is the first thing you want to change about a residence?
- Paint? Ceilings? Rugs? Appliances?
- What is your ideal place to live?
- Do you expect “ideal” to change?
- Do you live where you thought you would live?