This schoolhouse – District No. 2 in Georgia, Vermont – is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and has been restored according to the Secretary of Interior’s Standards. It is also known as the Georgia Stone School.
View of the schoolhouse from the road. The stone section was built in 1843. The frame addition was constructed to bring the school to education standards.
National Register of Historic Places.
These 8/8 windows are replacement in-kind. The window bank is an easy identifier of a schoolhouse.
A small parking lot is set away from the schoolhouse and visitors walk through the trees to this view. The cars do not obscure the historic setting of the building, as they are out of sight.
Looking inside the ell.
Another view inside the ell. See the chalkboard on the back wall.
The stone school house has photographs and documents on display.
What a beautiful restoration it is. The schoolhouse is privately owned, and is open for private special events. It’s nice to see historic buildings rehabilitated for personal use.