One of the Newport summer cottages, and the fifth largest, this property was leased to Salve Regina University (students lived here!) until 2009. It is the fictional Collinwood Mansion in the Dark Shadows opening credits. Its construction began in 1923, however, this mansion incorporated a 1911 relocated mansion from Washington D.C. It has also been used as US Army headquarters and an all-girls’ summer boarding school. (Read more here.) Currently, it is private property.