Did you miss the post last week? Check out the announcement at the top of the blog homepage. Preservation in Pink is running a contest to name the adopted flamingo. Hurry up, you can only submit name suggestions until Saturday! Everyone is eligible to participate: readers, contributors, first time visitors.
- Submit names for the flamingo until Saturday May 9, 2009.
- Once all suggestions are in, I’ll post them and hold it to a vote.
- You may submit more than one name.
- Votes will be in comment form and each voter can only vote once, for one name.
- Voting for the name will be May 10-17.
- Winner will receive a prize (not flamingo related – more like coffee from my favorite local coffee shop or something like that).
- If more than one person suggests the same name, it will credited to the first one who commented or emailed.
The prize (for the person who submitted the name that wins) will be coffee (whole bean or ground) from my favorite coffee shop, Java Bean in Southern Pines. If you don’t like coffee, I’ll make sure that you win tea or chai, something good like that.
Why a contest? Why not? This flamingo needs a name! Why coffee? About 99% of the preservationists I know love coffee. We love local coffee shops for the service and atmosphere.