Pip was another birthday present this year (yes, I received many flamingo related gifts). Pip is about as cute as flamingo stuffed animals get and he’s happy to be the mascot of Preservation in Pink, blog and newsletter, seeing as even the adopted real flamingo must live at the National Zoo.
Speaking of the adopted flamingo, I would like to announce a contest to name him/her. The “adoption” certificate is really just a thank you, not for a specific bird, and thus does not have a name. Yet, seeing as how I received a photograph with it, I think this flamingo needs a name. Start thinking and submitting names.
1. Submit names for the flamingo until Saturday May 9, 2009.
2. Once all suggestions are in, I’ll post them and hold it to a vote.
3. You may submit more than one name.
4. Votes will be in comment form and each voter can only vote once, for one name.
5. Voting for the name will be May 10-17.
6. Winner will receive a prize (not flamingo related – more like coffee from my favorite local coffee shop or something like that).
7. If more than one person suggests the same name, it will credited to the first one who commented or emailed.